Monday 30 October 2023

More drawings

 Ever since I bought two Fude pens - the ones with the nibs turned up at the end - and a brush pen, I have been playing with ink, carbon pencil, and conté crayon drawings - and, hitting the wallet again, I bought some torchon watercolour paper from Hahnemühle UK - which is as good as I remember it being when I last used it, and enabled me to finish a small watercolour.

Unlike Arches rough, which I have been using, it doesn't guzzle the water as though it were suffering the devil's own thirst.  Try it - Arches is a good paper, but I don't think I've produced one good painting on it. 

It is I think very true that for every watercolour painter - not my primary medium, be it said - there's a different paper to suit their work; I've got on with Bockingford, The Langton, Canson, Saunders Waterford; not with Arches - I think I'll stay loyal to Hahnemühle (especially now I've learned how to insert the Umlaut - Alt 0252, if you're interested....

Here's a selection - photos could be better, a bit difficult to take 'em outside at the moment: dodging deluges...  The middle drawing was, I thought, suitable for Hallow'een.  






No comments:

Post a Comment