Friday 4 March 2016

Isle of Wight Landscapes - Watch this space

Fingers crossed as I write this....

For months now, my website has been bedevilled by a problem on the Gallery page - images horribly pixellated and unviewable.  I couldn't work out what was wrong, and in the end I just left www.isleofwightlandscapes.net to fend for itself, and even thought about taking it offline altogether.

A visit today from my old friend Barry Fitzgerald, a professional photographer working out of Tralee in Ireland, will I hope have resolved the problem - and he worked out why it had happened, so it shouldn't go wrong again (it really WASN'T simple).

It's been a long day, and I'm now off to bed: but tomorrow I shall upload the latest version of the site: this always taxes my memory and eyesight and I regularly get the codes/password wrong.  But all things being equal, I am very hopeful that the issue will have been resolved, and I shall be able to start actually using the site again - I had just been staying away in a sort of neurotic sulk....

And all I'll have to do then is publicize it widely so that more people visit it and savour its delights....

Still, a start's a start, eh...?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I've spent some time to update the site, having seen numerous errors and out of date entries and links; so rather than upload it immediately I'm taking it more steadily. Plus, I'm nervous about the codes and lurking nervously in the wings before trying to upload it. I know; contemptible, isn't it? But I'm not a young man. You might at least be forgiving and tolerant.....

    ReplyDelete