Monday 27 August 2012

Small oils

Very quick blog entry; I've been painting small oils on canvas, 7" by 5" - and I had a lot of trouble photographing them.  I'm told the issue is camera shake.  However - a fellow contributor to the Painters Online website, Mick Saunders, has tidied up one of my rather poor photographs, and I'll display it here - even now it doesn't have quite the density of colour that the original painting has, but it's the best photographic version available so far....

Others in this "series" - it isn't really a series at all, although they're all landscapes - can be found on POL: www.painters-online.co.uk

This one is called Fresh Day in July.  Because - it was!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Robert,but you need to post your paintings here so we can all see them.

    I take terrible photos too and always use the camera shake mode on the camera. :)

    Poodle owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poodle owner, eh? Ah ha..... You mean I should post more on this blogspot? Yes, to that, if that's what you meant.... I sense a mass posting coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that's the joy of your own website you can multi post to your hearts content and nobody will get cross with you. ;)

    Poodle owner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say more than you know! I had an article in the Guardian today - well, probably tomorrow, but it appeared online today. And there are over 300 comments, split between "quite right" and "burn the witch, burn the witch". However, I'm getting paid for the article, so they can say what they b. well like!

    ReplyDelete